Cobb BBQ Frying Pan
$52.53 Including VAT
Trade Price will be shown in the basket when checking out.
Cobb BBQ Frying Pan
The Cobb BBQ Frying pan is brilliant for wok style cooking such as chilli, stews or soups. It is made out of Stainless Steel and is dishwasher safe and durable.
The Cobb BBQ Frying Pan is compatible with the following products:
- Cobb Premier
- Cobb Pro
- Cobb Compact
- Cobb Gas
Here’s a recipe that you can use your Cobb BBQ Frying Pan to prepare:
Smoking Recipes for the Cobb
- 3 Trout, about 400 g (13 oz) each
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 30 ml (2 tbl) salt
- 2 bay leaves, broken up
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 lemon, sliced
- A few sprigs fresh dill
- 80 ml (3 tbl) smoking chips
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried thyme
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) black peppercorns
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) coriander seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbl) brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) rooibos tea (bush tea)
To serve: wedges of lemon and Sour Cream Sauce
1) Rinse trout well and place in a suitable dish. Add water (the water should cover the trout), then add the salt, bay leaves and honey.
2) Stand for 1 hour. Rinse trout and dry well. In fact, if time allows, stand on a rack and dry for 20 minutes. Arrange lemon slices and dill in the gut area and season with a little pepper. Cover smoking chips with water and stand for 15 minutes.
3) Drain off water, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Prepare your Cobb, throw the smoking mixture into the fire and then fir the grill. Arrange fish on the grill and cover.
4) Smoke for 7 minutes per side. Stand for at least 10 minutes before serving. Smoked trout may be served hot or cold. Serve with wedges of lemon and sour cream sauce.
The elements that make up Cobb
- Dome: made with stainless steel and it has a heat-resistant handle. The holes in the Dome ensure even ventilation throughout the cooking process creating an oven effect.
- Grill Grid: with an easy to clean Teflon® non-stick coating. Excess fat drains away through the holes and into the moat.
- Fire Basket: A secured area for the Cobble Stone or loose briquettes.
- Stainless steel moat: catches all excess fat. The moat can also be used for cooking vegetables.
- Base: with anti-slip rubber feet, the base remains stable and cool to touch during use.
The Cobb is packaged complete with instruction manual. All the components with the exception of the base are dishwasher safe.