SheltaPod Campervan Awning Tent
$245.39 – $314.60 Including VAT
Welcome to SheltaPod, the versatile awning and overspill expansion tent for campervans, motorhomes, RV’s, cars and many other vehicles.
SheltaPod Campervan Awning Tent
SheltaPod Campervan Awning Tent is
- a drive-away awning
- a sleeping tent
- a sun canopy
- an overflow storage shelter
If you’re a keen camper you’ll know the challenge of trying to live within the limited confines of your campervan, RV or motorhome. Space is always at a premium. SheltaPod is a multi-functional and versatile solution. It gives you that little bit of extra space to spread out. Just as you would build an extension or conservatory to your home, SheltaPod is the same but for your motorhome, campervan or even your car.
You can shelter beneath it protected from rain or sun.
You can use it for up to 4 extra berths and sleep in it.
Or you can use it as an over spill storage area. If you sleep inside your vehicle, the front door panel and groundsheet will keep belongings dry and out of sight.
It can be used as a drive-away awning tent. If you want to drive away for the day, simply detach the SheltaPod, then mark out the place of your tyres so that you can re-position your vehicle and reattach on your return. A great way to reserve your pitch!
It can actually be used not only with campervans and motorhomes but also as a car tent for camping or at outdoor events as a tailgate shelter tent. It attaches in fact to any vehicle up to a height of 2.8 metres!
Take a look at the following video to understand just how adaptable and ingenious SheltaPod really is. And see how simple it is to set up!
Versatile – from Motorhome Awning to Car Tent
Utilising the very latest in tent technology, SheltaPod’s unique and innovative hybrid design makes it a versatile must-have RV and tailgate accessory. Lightweight, durable, quick and easy to assemble and install, SheltaPod makes for the perfect extension to your ‘van or vehicle. What’s more it adapts to the changing weather. It can be reconfigured in just seconds depending on how you would like to use it.
Set it up as a sun canopy to create shade on a hot sunny summer’s day. Use it to keep the rain off the entrance area to your ‘van. It makes a superb sheltered cooking area. Or, increase the cover with a simple 3 stage concertina effect to convert the structure into a storage shelter or sleeping tent.
The viewing windows are designed to give a sense of being connected with nature. When was the last time you lay back and watched the stars at night?
Included in the bag is the outer rainfly, inner tent, a front door panel, privacy panels, separate groundsheet for the rainfly, window shades, all poles pegs and guylines.
The optional inner tent includes an integrated “bath-tub style” groundsheet. There are two doors, one is a mesh door and the other is made of fabric. Both doors have central zips and tiebacks. The inner tent also has two mesh window panels, each with curtains, one on the top for a view of the stars and the other at the back. This provides improved ventilation in hotter climates and enables campers to see out when the rainfly is rolled up – perfect protection when there are lots of insects around!
Attaching SheltaPod to different types of vehicles
1. For campervans with multi rails there is the C Channel beading (6 mm). A Kador conversion strip may be required depending on size of C Channel (Pic B).
2. For vans with a gutter rail you can use the pole sleeve method (Pic A).
3. Three velcro straps on the canopy attach to roof rack and roof bars (Pic C).
4. Four webbing straps (each 5 m long) are included for ‘over the top’ attachment (Pic C). These can also be used to attach to your tailgate.
5. There are three gaps in the pole sleeve for attaching the suction clamps (Pic D).
Please note that we DO NOT INCLUDE the attachment equipment, for example the pole for the pole sleeve, ‘figure of eight’ for C channel and suction clamps. However, these are commonly available at many campervan accessory retailers.
- 75D 190T PU 3000 mm HH Polyester, double taped seams
- Inner tent 190T breathable polyester with mesh window, roll up curtain shade, mesh and fabric doors, mesh pockets and bathtub style integrated groundsheet
- Inner tent dimensions W – 230 cm, D – 200 cm, Max Height – 180 cm / W – 90.5, D – 78.5, H – 70.5 inches
- Integrated windbreaker side panels
- Separate waterproof front panel with zip access for secure storage
- Ventilation flaps
- Strong, durable aluminium tent poles
- 2 telescopic upright poles and 1 x adjustable horizontal cross bar (to provide stability and an apex for the sun canopy)
- 2 x curtain shades for skylight windows (we recommend attaching on the outside in hot climates to protect the windows from strong direct UV rays)
- Two internal mesh pockets on rainfly
- 2 x Privacy Side Panels
- Separate Rainfly Groundsheet
- 6 x pre-attached reflective guy lines
- Strong tent pegs
- Extra long and short guy lines included
- Pack size – 99 x 24 x 24 cm / 34.5 x 9.5 x 8.5 inches
- Pack weight – 12 kg / 26.5 lbs
- Solo pitching time 10-15 minutes
ATTACHES TO VEHICLES UP TO A HEIGHT OF 2.8 m / 9.2 ft
|Dimensions||99 × 24 × 24 cm|
Blue, Green, Grey, Orange
Includes Inner Tent, Excludes Inner Tent